Sunday 1 July 2012

Musical Madness Part 1

I love creativity in all its forms. I love new stories whether it's in the children's section of the book shop or a new webseries. When I first stumbled upon Janelle Monáe's music, I was entranced.


Janelle Monáe's songs not only cover a range of topics, but different musical styles as well. But the best part is where the music comes from. She has created this entire fictional world in which the songs are actually by the main character. A story within a story. I love it! Without giving too much away, I really recommend getting your hands on both her albums - Metropolis and The ArchAndroid. The album art beautifully illustrates this new world as well. One of the first singles, Many Moons (link to official music video), recreates Monáe's universe and is a short film in itself.


Again, the depths of people's creativity has amazed me. I can't wait to see what else is out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment