Wednesday 8 June 2011

Locked and Loaded

When viewing blogs on Blogger, you can click Next Blog and then you jump to the following blog (I'm not quite sure how the blogs are listed - maybe it's based on awesomeness :-). I randomly click this just to see what other blogs are out there. Mostly I've landed on cooking blogs or those that focus on every little thing the blogger's dog or cat does. But, one click did lead me to one of the coolest blogs I've come across - Dorothy: Locked and Loaded.


The premise of the blog was what grabbed my attention. It's a retelling of the Wizard of Oz story, but each character has a different writer. This means that basically each blog entry is written by a different author from the perspective of their character. I thought it would seem disjointed, but the story flows very well and is super compelling.

I love a good story and this version of Dorothy and Oz is amazing. Definitely worth the read. I recently bought a copy of the original story by Frank L Baum and can't wait to read it. I'm not entirely sure why I love the Wizard of Oz so much. Maybe I should discuss it at my next group therapy session :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment