Saturday 2 April 2011

Fanfiction

The first ever fanfiction I read was about Xena and Gabrielle (from the tv series Xena: Warrior Princess). Before then, I had never even heard of fanfiction. Now I've realized it's an entire culture on its own with sub-genres, acronyms and more. And there are some really talented writers out there (and a few crappy ones as well). Hell, I even wrote a piece of fanfiction myself for Charmed (tv series about 3 sister who are witches).

Recently, I started watching Star Trek: Voyager again and started trawling the internet about the show. I came upon the funniest fanfiction and videos concerning the captain and her Borg crew member. The site is Voyager Conspiracy (www.voyager-conspiracy.co.uk) and has some very entertaining videos and stories. Another site I came across was Passion and Perfection (www.ralst.com) which hosts fanfiction for quite a number of tv shows and movies. I was impressed by the standard of writing and really found the stories enjoyable. I would definitely recommend checking out these sites if you haven't yet already.

Be warned that some of the stories can be x-rated - although I think that would be more of a plus than a negative :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment