Saturday 2 April 2011

Glitch Mob

The Glitch Mob is an American electronic group. I have never really been into this kind of music, but found myself suddenly listening to their album (Drink the Sea) non-stop. The music feels primal or tribal which is very contradictory since it's all synthetic sounds with no real discernible intruments. Their music creates this undeniable mood and I am really loving their album and other remixes.

I found out about The Glitch Mob by watching one of the coolest pieces of video editing I have ever seen. It's called The Apple Tree and was created by Khameleon808. He has a Youtube channel, but for best viewing results I would advise downloading the full video. It's freely available on the internet and Ketsuryu is one of the sites which hosts the file as well (The Apple Tree mp4). The Apple Tree uses remixes from The Glitch Mob and scenes from old, current and new movies. The movie scenes are matched to the music perfectly and creates an amazing 15 minutes of sensory overload. The Apple Tree uses some scenes from TRON to such great effect that when I finally watched the movie I was surprised not to hear any music from The Glitch Mob somewhere in the movie.

There are some amazing artists out there which I never would have come across. Thank the gods for the internet and Google! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment