Tuesday 26 April 2011

YU+ME:Dream

About 2 years ago, I was surfing on the internet and landed on this webcomic by Megan Rose Gedris. It's called Yu+Me:Dream and I was instantly hooked - I finished all the archives up until that day in a few hours straight. The story is amazing and I loved the art. The author is so creative and uses many different ways of showing the webcomic. For example, the picture below is one of the extra's she had on her site and differs from the normal style used in the webcomic.

Art by Megan Rose Gedris
Yu+Me:Dream was also the first lesbian-themed webcomic I had the pleasure of reading. It opened my eyes to the amazing amount of lesbian stories there's out on the internet. Whether it's in short stories, webcomics or poetry. Very cool. It makes up for all the garbage you sometimes get as well :-).

I definitely recommend reading Yu+Me:Dream. You can find it on Rosalarian which hosts all of Gedris's art and comics. Yu+Me has finished and it was like finishing an amazing book - very sad to see it end. But, Gedris has started something new and very different. It's titled Meaty Yogurt and is about Jackie who lives in a cursed town. I don't want to give too much away so check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment