Sunday 10 April 2011

Okami

I game across Okami while I was trawling Gamespot for other Wii games to play. I really enjoy Zelda and Gamespot has a nice little button which links you to similar games. Tadaa - Okami!

It's actually quite an old Playstation game which was re-released for Nintendo Wii. What attracted me to it was the graphics. The animation style was different to any game I had played before. The story involves many elements from Japanese folklore and culture and the graphics were done to match.

Okami Screenshot
The gameplay is similar to Zelda in the sense that you travel the world fighting monsters and solving puzzles. The key difference is in using brush techniques. You play Amaterasu, a god in wolf-form who has several powerful brush skills. Each one can be used to different effect. With the Wii remote, you control the brush strokes and paint what you need. It's a bit tricky to get the swing right all the time, but the gameplay and story has kept me riveted.

Of course, the awesomeness factor alone of playing a wolf-god who kicks ass by painting should be enough to get you playing this game :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment